Friday, April 13, 2012

Cherry Almond Bake

Warm sweet fruit topped with ice cream. Need I say more? We enjoyed this recently while my in-laws were in town and everyone loved it! Lately I've been loving all things cherry, it probably started with the Cherry Limeade. This is a delicious dessert that is easy enough to make any day, but special enough that you can have it for company too. I must confess I keep a large batch of the crumble topping pre-made in my freezer so that I can make a delicious bake with any fruit that I might have on hand.

Ingredients:
For the cherry mixture:
4 cups frozen sweet cherries
2 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp almond extract
For the crumble topping:
1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup slivered almonds
vanilla ice cream

Directions:
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients for the cherry mixture. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl combine all ingredients for the crumble topping, except for the ice cream of course! Use a knife to cut the butter into the rest of the ingredients. The mixture can still be chunky. Divide the cherry mixture among 4 oven safe individual ramekins. Top each dish with the crumble. Place small ramekins on a large baking sheet to catch anything that might bubble over, and to make it easy to get the small dishes in and out of the oven. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the oven and let cool until ready to eat. Top with ice cream while the dishes are still warm and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment