Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Pumpkin Pie gluten-free & dairy-free
Our family loves all things pumpkin, and we enjoy it throughout the year. Pumpkin pie is not just for Thanksgiving! You can whip up this delicious pumpkin pie any day of the week, and enjoy a yummy gluten and dairy free dessert.
1 pkg. gluten-free ginger snaps or cinnamon cookies
1/3 cup melted earth balance spread
1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. In a food processor grind cookies into a fine crumble. With the processor running drizzle in all of the melted spread. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
2. Place all of the cookie mixture into a pie pan. Using a plastic bag or plastic wrap around your hand press the cookie mixture into the pie pan to make an even layer across the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Refrigerate until ready to use this crust.
3. In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, spice, and eggs. Using a whisk mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the contents of the mixing bowl into the pie crust.
5. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 and bake for another 50 minutes.
6. Let pie cool completely before serving. To keep this recipe dairy free use a soy whipped topping. Enjoy!